Friday, July 10, 2009

Race Across Oregon Starts Saturday

Dear Friends, Family, and Supporters,

Tomorrow is a big day. It is the beginning as well as the end of a very long journey. For many months I have been training for the Race Across Oregon (RAO), and tomorrow this race starts in Hood River, Oregon.

Not only have I been training, but also, I have been raising money to give to the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA).
In my last email I wrote,

Lupus is a potentially fatal autoimmune disease where the body's own defenses attack the organs, such as the skin, heart, lungs, kidneys, or brain. I have seen first-hand that it is a horrible disease, and it affects more than 1.5 million Americans and 5 million people worldwide.

My goal is to raise $5000 to give to the LFA - Northwest Chapter and to raise awareness. Every bit donated goes a long way and makes a positive impact for many people. You can make a tax-deductible donation online or contact me if you wish to donate in other ways. For those of you that have donated, thank you so much, but remember, the fight is not over. Please also check out the fund raising progress, or get my training updates and blog online. If you cannot donate, please help out by passing along this email or a few of my links.

With your all of your help, we have been able to raise $3530.80 so far. I want to express me deep appreciation for all of this outstanding support. I also would like to send special thanks to Jeanie, Glenn, and Chris for spending the better part of two days in the car providing me crew support for the race.

Glenn will be doing live updates on my race progress here. This is the best way to keep up to date on how my race is going. Also, be sure to check out race updates, photos, the course, and the competition at the official RAO webpage.

Sincerest thanks,
Mike

Attachments (1) - RAO Flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment